Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do you put lotion on your hands and powder in your gloves before you wash dishes with rubber gloves?

I don't use gloves when doing dishes. Besides I put most of my dishes in the dish washer...:)Do you put lotion on your hands and powder in your gloves before you wash dishes with rubber gloves?
I don't wear rubber glovesDo you put lotion on your hands and powder in your gloves before you wash dishes with rubber gloves?
I live in Thailand where sometimes, handling dishes and etc. with my gloves are a necessity. I put some baby powder on my hands before I put them in because otherwise they're very difficult to get off.





I then wash my hands when I'm done, and I put some Hand Lotion (Vaseline Intensive Care) on my hands.
No I don't. I do wear them, but I tend to just take them off every 10-15 minutes and wipe my hands. I have tried putting powder and cotton in before though, but I couldn't be bothered to keep it up as tehre wasn't much of a difference.
i have to wear rubber gloves to all housework very sensitive skin anyway i put white cotton gloves on under the rubber/latex gloves it protects my skin from the latex and absorbs some of the sweat
No, I don't....this goes for my gloves at work for my cleaning company AND my gloves at work as a nurse. Most lotions have petroleum, glycerin or a derivative thereof in them. Most gloves are made of latex products. The petroleum and/or glycerin will break down the latex. This yields two problems...


1)your gloves will not hold their integrity and will allow chemicals, etc to pass through microscopic holes


2)latex will be shed onto your skin by the gloves.


Using the lotion will make your skin's pores absorb the latex more readily. This seems harmless, but over time can sensitize you to the latex.....what's commonly known as a latex sensitivity, or latex allergy.


Powder is an okay option....as long as it's a corn starch based powder, and not talc...but my hands tend to sweat in the gloves and then powder would just be a mess, I think!!


Best bet is to just take the gloves off between jobs and dry your hands!!


GOOD LUCK!
no

No comments:

Post a Comment