Thursday, December 24, 2009

I was going to put in some Garlic Powder in my Stew, but then I accidently put in half the canister!! HELP?

I accidently poured in half the canister, now there is so much garlic crystals in my soup, and it has this weird taste! What can I use to change it into a good soup? What ingredients would I use?I was going to put in some Garlic Powder in my Stew, but then I accidently put in half the canister!! HELP?
Cut the soup in half, freeze one half in a ziploc (push the air out of the bag before freezing), and then build from your second half. Try adding more vegetables and another can of broth, perhaps tomato juice if you'd like, and add enough white wine to thin it out. The wine will evaporate after adding flavor, and the other juices and veggies will soak up the garlic powder and blend nicely after being brought to a boil then simmered.


With the other half of the frozen stew, it can be kept up til 6 months.It can be brought out and thawed easily for supper, or to experiment on your own for the next time that situation occurs. Hope this helps!I was going to put in some Garlic Powder in my Stew, but then I accidently put in half the canister!! HELP?
the first thing you could have done was grab a spoon and try to grab up as much garlic as possible. This time, you may be sunk as the only thing I can think of is to increase your recipe to water out the stew. the other thing would be to drain all the liquid, salvaging the meat and veg and start over, using a gravy packet of mushroom soup for the creamy stew type liquid. Draining might get rid of the excess garlic, or at least some of it.
I don't get why so many people are suggesting chicken broth for stew. Stew is usually beef people (i know it doesn't HAVE to be though)





I would normally say to make a second batch with out the garlic but 1/2 a canister is wayyyyyyyyy more than twice the amount of garlic. Drain off the majority of the liquid either tossing the rest or freezing it. If you freeze it, then freeze it in a couple of different baggies well labled with ';extra extra garlicy stew liquid';





Add in more water or beef broth and more of the other spices.
add some more potatoes as a starch.


I would suggest taking half of hte soup broth away and freeze it to use at a later time in another dish and adding Chicken broth to replace it. The potatoes only can help so much. This way you have two batches of well seasoned broth.
Add more ingredients and make the most superb stew ever.
just add in more potatoes Little bit of extra water and keep boiling till potato turn soft take it out or just leave it
add more water or beef or chicken stock (whichever one you used). good luck.
  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment