Thursday, December 24, 2009

Where is some good powder boarding in or east of the Rockies?

I only have a bit of money to fly out so I was wondering where I could go and do some snow boarding in some really nice powder this winter.?Where is some good powder boarding in or east of the Rockies?
LOL! Bristol mountain!


Use to be a good place until about 2001-02.





Beef with Brisol


-Season passes too expensive


-Need glades


-Ski Patrol are like Nazis


But is probably the best resort in the area.





But if you're going to make the effort head up to Vermont or NH.








Edit* I agree, it has been getting much better. But there was a couple of years over the exchange when it really sucked. Try listening to what I have to say because I have no interest in the company philosophy. I'm simply a customer who feels X,Y,Z.





Edit Edit* Start blowing snow later in the year. You guys let it turn to **** after your 100 days are up. I always thought that was uncool. The first 30 days were Sunset only= Lame.





Edit Edit edit*. Last time I was there (6 years ago) it left a bad taste in my mouth. I will be fair and give Bristol a second chance and ride there again this year.Where is some good powder boarding in or east of the Rockies?
Bristol Mountain, the highest vertical of any mountain between the catskills and the rockies, thats a fact i'm not just making it up, those that don't believe me can look it up





i'm not saying go here though even though its a great place to ride because we get no powder, if you're coming out to the east coast you need to go to vermont if you want to find powder, they get pounded all the time up there with snow and theres a lot of fresh stuff plus the parks are even bigger up there so you can have more fun no matter which part of the mountain you ride








EDIT: If you go here 10 times its paid for, look at killingtons prices and tell me bristol is expensive. Bristol gets better every year, this year a new lift is going in. Pretty nice to have such a good place to ride so close
anywhere east of the rockies is going to suck in comparison





Silverton Mountain in Colorado has a powder day every day, it's a small place that requires a guide because there's such deep powder most of the winter
Bristol Mountain, or Wolf Creek








Wolf Creek is Massive and they have it all

No comments:

Post a Comment