Thursday, December 24, 2009

Dyson vacuum owners only - still use ';carpet fresh'; powder?

Just bought and love my new Dyson DC14 Animal Vacuum and have a question: Since the air flow does not go through the dirt with the Dyson vacuum, does it make any sense to continue to use Carpet Fresh-type powders on my carpet before vacuuming? I have continued to use them but cannot smell them after vacuuming like I could with my old conventional vacuum.





Thanks in advance.Dyson vacuum owners only - still use ';carpet fresh'; powder?
You have a great vacuum... The vacuum has such great power, I am sure it is removing the carpet fresh from the floor.





As a suggestion, I would discontinue using any fine powder to freshen the carpet. While the Dyson works by spinning the dirt out of the air, the fine powder will clog the small holes in the canister and the HEPA filer at some point. If you have odors you are trying to get rid of... localize the odors and use a product named ZORB.





By the way, foam or wet style solutions will actually attract dust and dirt over the long run, and will dramatically shorten the appearance and life span of your carpet.Dyson vacuum owners only - still use ';carpet fresh'; powder?
For miele vacuum cleaner reviews check:


http://www.analogstereo.com/vacuum/miele_compare.htm





For dyson vacuum cleaner manuals :


check http://www.analogstereo.com/dyson_vacuum_owners_manual.htm Report Abuse

Switch to Carpet Fresh Foam for your carpets, works real good and no powder residue left in the carpet, which I'm sure the Dyson has removed all of the powder by now, the foam you spray on after you vacuum and it evaporates.
Hi, I worked as a cleaner for a while, and using carpet freshners is actually not a great idea in general. They sink to bottom of carpet, then start to smell bad, so you buy more to cover the musty smell.


Because you have a Dyson (the best around, by the way), you don't need anything on your carpet. If your house has odours, because of smoking or pets or whatever, spray airfreshners are better.
I have a Dyson too for my business and i use ordorban to freshen carpet and then vacuum works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment