Friday, December 18, 2009

How Hot Do Valve Covers Get? Can I Powder Coat, or Is That High Temp?

was going to powder coat a valve cover, but do I need high temp? How hot do they get normally?How Hot Do Valve Covers Get? Can I Powder Coat, or Is That High Temp?
They don't get as hot as the engine block. I've seen some powder coated and they seemed to stand up O.K.How Hot Do Valve Covers Get? Can I Powder Coat, or Is That High Temp?
use a high temp. rustolem paint. the valve cover will get to the water temp of the engine, approx190 degrees. the reason for the rustolem paint, in time the valve covers will rust, and if you use the rustolium paint, the cover will never rust through, and give you a hole in the cover !!!
I can't tell you in degrees how hot they get,but powdercoat will stand much more heat than that.If you need a professional answer call the powdercoat company.
Powder coating will work fine.It will probably outlive the engine!

No comments:

Post a Comment