Monday, December 28, 2009

Substituting cocoa powder?

I'm making chocolate cupcakes but I don't have cocoa powder. However I do have chocolate chips. Can I melt the chocolate chips and just add it to the cake batter? If that's possible, how many chocolate chips do I use?





Thanks!Substituting cocoa powder?
melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 minute, then put some butter in (depending on how thin you want it to be), and melt that in the microwave for 30 seconds. :) it also tastes really good on ice cream. :DSubstituting cocoa powder?
For every 1/4 C Cocoa, or 4 tablespoons in the recipe, use


1 ounce chocolate AND (decrease fat called for in recipe by 1/2 tablespoon) *the fat would be the butter or oil...





((I would guess 1 oz of chocolate chips equals about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup))





HTH








~I think you can leave the cc as they are OR melt them - to your preference.

No comments:

Post a Comment