Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I use protein powder in warm/hot milk?

I would like to know if you can use Whey Protein powder (dietary supplement) with warm or hot milk. The directions say mix with cold milk or juice, so I was wondering if anyone knows if using warm milk will make any difference?Can I use protein powder in warm/hot milk?
i think it has something to do with the protein denaturing at a very high temperature?





i'm not 100% sureCan I use protein powder in warm/hot milk?
I believe hot milk will basically kill off the protein quality of your whey powder.





Warm milk may be okay, depending on how warm the milk actually is. I recommend sticking to milk from the refrigerator. Room temperature is okay but obviously you don't want to be keeping your milk at room temperature. Unless you use powdered milk mixed with water.
I have mixed it in at room temp. It may foam more then it already does. Try it and see.





Maybe mix it into cold milk and then warm the whole thing.
  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment